Full-time, hybrid location. Earliest possible start.
- Physical work on technologies at various locations including Maker Community workshop space (70 Saxon St, Brunswick),
- the Cassinia Environmental depot (6 Mollison Place, Kyneton).
- Office/desktop elements of work can be undertaken at both Cassinia’s Kyneton office (86 Mollison St) or can be undertaken from home.
reports to: Data and Innovation Manager
classification: $65-80k, subject to qualifications and experience
This role has the following objectives:
- The purpose of this role is to undertake the development and production of new technologies that will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Cassinia Environmental’s core activities, which will help to achieve our vision and mission.
For further questions, and to submit your application please email email@example.com. Applications for the position should include a cover letter and a CV.
Applications will close, Monday 4th September, 2023.
- Trade qualification – boilermaker, welder, mechanic, electrician, carpenter or similar.
- Tertiary degree in engineering, robotics, sciences or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in bespoke design and construction.
- Demonstrated experience in producing, testing and refining prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience in welding and working with metal.
Objectives of role:
- Compiling geographic information from a variety of data sources, including satellite images, ecological surveys, and aerial photographs.
- Researching and verifying geographic data.
- Entering new data into the GIS database.
- Drawing maps using advanced GIS tools.
- Ensuring maps are annotated and compiled with the correct information.
- Compiling reports using all available GIS and GPS data sources.
- Maintaining the GIS database and troubleshooting data issues.
- Prepare research objectives, methods, build and testing plans to guide development according to scientific method.
- Define key performance criteria for products.
- Create product design and specification.
- Have regard to OH&S considerations and other relevant regulations in all design criteria.
- Present product designs to management and stakeholders.
Test and refine
- Develop suitable prototype products for testing.
- Determine appropriate criteria for testing, such as functionality, ease-of-use and longevity.
- Oversee product testing.
- Collaborate with other Cassinia staff and partners to determine feasibility of projects.
- Collate and analyse results and redesign prototype products as required.
- Resolve product issues.
- Finalise design and prototype.
- Supervise prototype replication production process (if required).
- Prepare operational manuals and provide training on any new or modified products.
- Assist with staff training in the use of any new technologies.
- Assist with monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Provide input to R&D Grant objectives, reporting and acquittals.
- Liaise with stakeholders and partner organisations during research and development of new technologies.
- Participate in field work at peak times in relation to land management operational duties.
- Other projects and duties as requested by management.
Key Performance Indicators
- Facilitation of monthly meeting updates to management on project status (12 x meetings).
- Demonstrated progress on all Cassinia Nature Lab projects within first 6 months of employment.
- Completion of one prototype within first 6 months of employment.
- Additional KPIs to be developed at the first 6 months of employment
Our priority is to recruit within Australia, due to availability of local skilled workers. We encourage applications from individuals who already have the legal right to work in Australia. Please be advised that only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered for the position.