Full-time, hybrid location. Earliest possible start.
- Office (Kyneton)/Working from Home
- Field work to be undertaken across Victoria, requiring potential overnight stays
- Field work will be irregular and not generally more than 1 day/fortnight
reports to: Data and Innovation Manager
This role has the following objectives:
- To contribute to Cassinia’s vision and mission through managing spatial data with accuracy, attention to detail, and excellence
- To contribute to Cassinia’s various projects and landscape operations by providing maps for spatial reference, data collection, and spatial analysis
- To build and uphold Cassinia’s culture based on our values of humility, excellence, relationships, innovation, stewardship and generosity.
For further questions, and to submit your application please email email@example.com. Applications for the position should include a cover letter and a CV.
Applications will close, Monday 4th September, 2023.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven work experience as a GIS technician, especially in the use of QGIS.
- Understanding of Integrated GPS and GIS principals.
- Knowledge of modern cartographic standards and principles.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to travel when required.
Objectives of role:
- Compiling geographic information from a variety of data sources, including satellite images, ecological surveys, and aerial photographs.
- Researching and verifying geographic data.
- Entering new data into the GIS database.
- Drawing maps using advanced GIS tools.
- Ensuring maps are annotated and compiled with the correct information.
- Compiling reports using all available GIS and GPS data sources.
- Maintaining the GIS database and troubleshooting data issues.
- Manage GIS databases, including with applications in GIS Cloud, QGIS, Google Maps, and Google Earth.
- Conduct regular updates of both public and Cassinia’s spatial layers (vector and raster) to ensure data is current and reliable
- Ensure spatial files are stored clearly and consistently
- Prepare relevant maps and layers for the operations team for use on GIS Cloud Mobile Data Collection App (MDC) in consultation with program managers and coordinators.
- Prepare relevant maps and templates for various project teams (eg. BushBank, revegetation, planning and land administration, agriculture, offsets) for use in documentation, presentation, reporting, assessments, and analysis
- Develop and maintain proper documentation of GIS templates, processes, data management, and workflows.
- Provide training on GIS Cloud and MDC to other GIS users in Cassinia
- Communicate effectively with project managers and teams to ensure data is well managed
Our priority is to recruit within Australia, due to availability of local skilled workers. We encourage applications from individuals who already have the legal right to work in Australia. Please be advised that only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered for the position.